|Model :||R Type|
|Body Type :||Standard Steel Saloon|
|Colour :||Blue over Shell Grey|
|Trim :||Grey Leather|
|Condition :||Good condition throughout with extensive recent mechanical works.|
|Technical Data :||Four speed automatic gearbox, 6 cylinder in-line configuration engine, 4.5 litres displacement, 4566cc capacity. Drum brakes servo-assisted.|
Bentley Motors made a complete departure from their former policy by announcing in 1946 an entirely new model which was factory built throughout. The Bentley Mk VI fitted with their design of standard all steel bodywork was built at Crewe and began life with a 4.25 litre engine. It was later up-rated to a 4.5 litre engine and the basic Mk VI shape was adapted slightly in 1952 with the introduction of the Bentley R Type. The new model was almost identical to the Mk VI up to the rear doors; however the boot was enlarged giving greater luggage capacity and arguably a more attractive and balanced overall profile. Approximately 2,000 standard steel R Types were produced between 1952 and 1955. Chassis No B176YD was completed in September of 1954, finished originally in masons black over Tudor grey with grey leather interior. It was supplied by Jack Barclay Ltd to The S.D. Syndicate of Westminster Bridge Road in London SE1. It was subsequently owned by Mr Tom Senior of Yorkshire in the late 1950's and Mr Graham Nichols of St Albans in the 1990's. Most recently the car has belonged to an enthusiast in Surrey prior to being prepared by us for sale. Amongst the works carried out were a full engine overhaul and coachwork improvements. Chassis No B176YD is complete with copy chassis cards from the factory, invoices covering the works to the car in recent times, owner's handbook and large tools.
If you would like to make an enquiry about this vehicle, please contact us by phone on 020 8847 5447 or by email at email@example.com