|Model :||S1 Continental|
|Coachbuilder :||James Young|
|Body Type :||Sports Saloon|
|Trim :||Tan Leather|
|Condition :||Good condition throughout|
|Technical Data :||Four speed automatic gearbox, power steering, 6 cylinder in-line configuration engine, 4.9 litres displacement, 4887cc capacity. Drum brakes servo-assisted.|
The success of the R Type Continental between 1952 and 1955 lead to the creation of the S1 Continental chassis, which was released in April of 1955. For the first time Bentley enthusiasts had a greater choice of coachwork designs to choose from with H.J. Mulliner, Park Ward and James Young producing the vast majority of bodies for the S1 Continental chassis. Their designs are widely considered to be some of the most beautiful examples of coachwork in the post war era, regardless of marque. Chassis No BC26CH is one of just thirteen cars built to Design No CT29 by James Young in right hand drive on the S1 Continental chassis. A further three cars were built in left hand drive. This particular car was completed in June 1958 and supplied by Jack Barclay Ltd to its first owner, Mr William P Harrower of Edinburgh. He kept the car until 1960 when it was sold to L. M. Van Moppes of Basingstoke. Chassis No BC26CH then found its way to the United States before being acquired and repatriated in 1988 by Bentley specialist P.J.Fischer of London who prepared the car to his exacting standards. It was then sold to a collector in France where it remained until 2017. The car has recently been improved to showroom standard cosmetically and thoroughly mechanically checked and tested prior to being offered for sale. It is complete with tools, handbook, history file and copy chassis cards. Chassis No BC26CH is a beautiful example of James Youngs post war styling and is presented in very fine condition in every respect.
If you would like to make an enquiry about this vehicle, please contact us by phone on 020 8847 5447 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org